Read memory from printer

Hello all!

I have a printer ZD220 (with LAN) running fine. There I installed a time ago all the required graphics and fonts on its internal flash. Now I want to copy all that files to a second printer. How could I do this? Is it possible to "clone" all the printer settings from one to an other? I did not find any hint how to read the data from memory.

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous (not verified)
For graphics files, we can

For graphics files, we can use ^HY to upload the graphics files to the host. For fonts, it's not allowed to upload font files, as the fonts are licensed in general.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Florian Eckschlager
Hi Steven,this worked fine!

Hi Steven,

this worked fine! Thanks a lot.

But now I have the next question:

I got the raw GRF data, but how can I download it to the new printer?

If I understood correct I need to generate a ~DG command, but this requires the size of the image. Where do I get it?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Comments The image is

Comments The image is uploaded in the form of a ~DY command. The data field of the returned ~DY command is always encoded in the ZB64 format.

Based on the comments of ^HY command in the document, we simply use the exact return of ^HY to download the graphics to the printer, which uses ~DY command to download. Please be sure to add the drive letter (R:, E:, B:, or A:) right after ~DY in the returned string.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’