What causes the error "OSX Admin has disabled the WWAN" on TC56

During testing, I moved a SIM chip from my TC75 to a TC56.  Then when I tried to dial a phone number on the TC56, I received the following error message:

"OSX Admin has disabled the WWAN"

Does anyone know the cause of this error message?  Is there a solution for it?

The SIM chip works fine when I move it back to the TC75.

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, "OSX Admin has disabled..

Hi, "OSX Admin has disabled..." will typically be shown because the feature has been disabled during device staging.  From that specific message it looks as though the Wireless Manager has been invoked to turn off the WWAN Radio , this could have been done with StageNow or from an application running on your device.  You could turn the WWAN radio back on via StageNow or factory reset the device (an enterprise reset will also probably work)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Did some further

Did some further investigation.  It's correct that the "OSX Admin" feature occurs when the phone has been disabled.  We're using the ProfileManager from the EMDK (Xamarin version, if that matters) to enable / disable the phone to simulate Airplane Mode in an custom settings application for a customer.

Whenever the ProfileManager disables the WWAN Radio, this message will be displayed on subsequent use of any phone feature (i.e. dialing, sms, etc.).

Not exactly a clear message.  Would be nicer if the message said something to the effect that the "Phone is disabled" instead.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’