Launch Zebra PrintConnect from Chrome in Android

Hi everyone...

I'm testing, without success, to call print directly from a web page to a Zebra QLn printer and I found a great solution, if it will works, launchin' the PrintConnect app in an Android mobile device by using #intent in the web page and Chrome as browser.

I used all the possibilities with some HTML code like this:

<a href="intent://PrinterService/#Intent;scheme=PrintConnect;package=com.zebra.printconnect;S.TEMPLATE_FILE_NAME=HelloWorld.zpl;end">TEST</a>

but every time I tried, clickin' on TEST, Android opened Google Store with PrintConnect app (OPEN and UNINSTALL buttons) and not opened, as I need, directly the app PrintConnect and print the HelloWorld.zpl file.

Can someone help me to solve this problem? I saw there are many other app for Zebra printing, and if someone has a solutions using other app, there's no problem, I'll change it.

Thanks a lot.

Livio Daneluzzi
I tried a lot and saw the

I tried a lot and saw the manuals about INTENT use and my last test is about this one HTML code:
<a href="intent://zebra.com/apps/r/nfc/#Intent;scheme=http;package=com.zebra.printconnect;S.TEMPLATE_FILE_NAME=HelloWorld.zpl;end">TEST</a>

It opens directly the app, but when the app is opened, it keeps in "searchin' for printer" mode, also if I have already opened it, paired with the bluetooth printer and connected to it.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Livio, Print Connect was

Hi Livio,

Print Connect was not designed with this use case in mind as you are finding.  We will take it as desired functionality for a potential update to the software.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jeff Gonzalez
May I ask why PrintConnect

May I ask why PrintConnect wouldn't accept an Intent from Chrome if it can accept one from a custom-made app?  I have successfully managed to print through PrintConnect with my own Android app.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’