Connecting and Parsing Data from Multiple Scanners to One Hub

N Nick MIller 3 years ago
2 0 0

Hey so what my company wishes to do is to have multiple bluetooth scanners connecting to one hub (I'm not sure if this central hub needs special hardware). Any given scanner is going to have to scan a location where they are putting a box then scan the box itself.  In a perfect world it would output like this:

Scanner1: Location Barcode
Scanner1: Box Barcode
Scanner2:Location Barcode
Scanner2: Box Barcode

Now because these scanners just output the strings of the barcodes and there will be multiple scanners going at one time, I imagine that some of the output could end up jumbled like this:

Scanner1: Location Barcode
Scanner2: Location Barcode
Scanner2: Box Barcode
Scanner1: Box Barcode

Now in order for the data to be correctly inputted into the database the program has to be able to separate what strings came from what scanners.
Right now I'm thinking this might be possible using getProperty(friendlyName) after every string comes in from a scanner, then throw each barcode in a 2D array something like this:
array[friendlyName].push(scannedBarcode);
The carton and location barcodes have distinct formats so as long as the strings are separated by what scanner they came from it should be possible to pair box and location, update the database, then pop them out of the array.
Is this plan possible in your opinion? And is there any special hardware needed for the singular Bluetooth hub to pair many devices to it?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?