Creating Tools for the GK420t

C Cody Saunders 3 years ago
0 0 0

Hello,

My goal is to create a .NET Framework tool that can manage several GK420t printers on the same network to be able to change and read settings individually. The general flow of the tool would be to connect to a printer via IP, read the darkness and speed setting of the printer, create a prompt asking whether the darkness or speed should be changed and allow the changes if needed. As of right now I have found ways to send ZPL commands to the printer from my tool but have not found any ways to read settings off of the printer. I thought it might be easier to use an existing API instead of trying to only use ZPL commands and that is when I found Link-OS but I'm not sure if it is compatible with my printer. I installed the SDK through Nuget in Visual Studio and I was able to send commands to the printer but when it comes to reading information from the printer through a network connection, nothing happens. Ultimately my question is, am I going about this the correct way, and how would someone recommend setting up a custom tool like this without using the Zebra Setup Utility?

Thanks!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?