Printing to ZT610 and return RFID Tag

Hi All,

I have a ZT610 Label printer

I need to print a label with 5-6 Variables which is fine as I have designed the label in Zebra Designer and saved the ZPL Output,

I also want to extract the ID of the RFID Tag and print it on a barcode on the label so the operator can scan the Barcode if the RFID Tag fails, I think I can get this using the sample code,

Finally, I need the printer to send me back the RFID Tag ID so I can save it into a database for lookups later,

I have played around with the ZPL Samples from the Programming guide and I can get the RFID Tag printed on the label, how do I get this sent back to the PC

What is the best way to connect to the printer? I am currently just using USB but not sure if I can get the RFID Tag back from the printer using USB?

Thanks

Rob

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Robert, you can get the

Hi Robert, you can get the data back over USB, See the ^RF and ^RU  commands. It will return the data on the same port the data was sent. 

How are you sending the tags to be printed?  Which sample code are you using?  Are you using one of the SDK's?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Tobin
Hi Robin,Thanks for the info

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the info,

I am still working on the best way to send the zpl to the printer, so open to suggestions.

Working in vb.net

I have the zpl developer manual and have designed the label layout,

What is the best way to send the zpl to the printer and receive the RFID Tag, USB \ Serial \ Network?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Robert,Have you looked at

Hi Robert,

Have you looked at our .NET SDK?  It makes it fairly easy to do USB or network communication to the printer. If you want to take a peak at the API's before downloading: Link-OS SDK - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

If this isn't a rout you want to go, then the easiest way to communicate with the printer is over the network.  The printer will take a standard TCP socket on port 9100 and you can send ZPL directly through that.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Tobin
Hi Robin,Just wanted to

Hi Robin,

Just wanted to complete this thread, I ended up using a TCP Client to send the ZPL Commands directly to the printer and all working perfectly

Thanks for the help

Rob

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’