RFD2000/TC20 Best way to handle sleep?

M Marwin Rott 2 years 11 months ago
10 4 0

Hello all,

I hope someone will be able to help me with this.
I recently wrote an Android App for the TC20/RFD2000.
Generally, it works well enough. However, after being idle for a while, the reader goes into sleep mode, from which apparently only a trigger press of about 10 seconds can wake it.
I understand that this is to preserve battery life, however, our customers are using it at one desk only and plug it into the cradle inbetween uses, so battery life isn't an issue.
The problem is that even after explaining it to them, the trigger press to wake up doesn't seem to want to stick, it seems to be very counter-intuitive to them.

Is there a way to disable this behavior completely (ideally in code)? Or alternatively to check from within my app if it has occurred and handling the wake-up automatically?

Is it possible this feature is related to the DPO setting being enabled, and will disabling DPO fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

M Marwin Rott

In the docs for DISCONNECTION_EVENT_TYPE.CONNECTION_LOST it says there is a timeout time specifiable in RFID_Connect. I cannot find a reference to RFID_Connect in the RFIDAPI3 demo project, however, nor can I find anything about it in the docs. Can anyone tell me how I can disable this timeout? It's fairly urgent by now and I'd really appreciate any input at all.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Marwin,

Unfortunately I do not know the answer but have been monitoring this thread - I suggest you reach out to Zebra tech support for help if nobody is able to help on this forum.

Darryn.

M Marwin Rott

Still no solution found - I'll bump, 'cause I'm stumped.

M Marwin Rott

Nobody at all?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?