TC51 Zebra device - Enable Bar code Preview - in Xamarin & EMDK

How can i enable bar code preview in TC51 Zebra device.

Screenshot_20180711-150901.png

I would like to enable this view in my Xamarin + EMDK library. I am using the below configuration in my application.

var config = _scanner.GetConfig();
  config.SkipOnUnsupported = ScannerConfig.SkipOnUnSupported.None;
  config.ScanParams.DecodeLEDFeedback = true;
  config.ReaderParams.ReaderSpecific.ImagerSpecific.PicklistEx =
  ScannerConfig.PicklistEx.Hardware;
  config.DecoderParams.Code39.Enabled = true;
  config.DecoderParams.Code128.Enabled = true;
  _scanner.SetConfig(config);

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Rakesh, what feature have

Hi Rakesh, what feature have you used to generate the screenshot in your question?  It looks a bit like "Image Capture Mode" but I am not sure.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rakesh R Nair
I got it as a requirement. In

I got it as a requirement. In my current implementation the preview is not coming. But I got a requirement like whenever I try to scan the bar code through hardware button. I need to show the preview of bar code which I am scanning. But not sure how to enable that preview in the configuration. (If my understanding is current EMDK library is providing this feature, but not sure how to enable it properly) 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Presuming you are using the

Presuming you are using the hardware imager to scan barcodes then I am pretty sure you can't do this on the TC51 - the only way I know to get a preview is to enable the 'Image Capture Mode' but it doesn't look like that is available on TC51.

You could use the Camera on the back of the device rather than the hardware imager, that would give you a preview of what is being scanned however it is a lot slower than using the hardware imager.

If it were me I would question why the requirement exists - if it is to help the user aim at the correct barcode then there are better ways to achieve that for example the device supports an 'aim mode' which will emit a red dot that the user can use to help them aim.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rakesh R Nair
Is it possible to implement

Is it possible to implement this feature in TC25 Lite. Why I am asking is they already have an app that work in TC25 Lite. Which is providing this feature. That means TC25 with hardware scan is providing the preview. You have any idea what could be the configuration that enable this preview.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’