Binding RFD2000 SDK AAR to Xamarin problem

Hi all,

My company recently purchased RFD2000 along with TC20, and we wish to develop our own application using Xamarin in VS 2017.

https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/demo/zebra-rfid-mobile-application-for-rfd2000.html

So I went on to bind API3_LIB-release-2.0.0.2.aar extracted from SDK (RFD2000 RFID SDK for Android Support & Downloads | Zebra ) following Xamarin recommended procedure. (Binding an .AAR - Xamarin ).

Unfortunately I am getting below 4 errors of 'The type or namespace name 'XXX' does not exist in the namspace 'YYY' (are you missing an assembly reference?). Could anyone help?

Binding aar error.png

Best regards,

Leo W.

Alan rechdan
105 views and still no answer

105 views and still no answer ... can you please provide an answer or tell when this unified xamarin library will be available. TIA

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Vyacheslav Sukhachev
I got a same problem.My

I got a same problem.

My solution is:

<metadata>

<!--

This sample removes the class: android.support.v4.content.AsyncTaskLoader.LoadTask:

<remove-node path="/api/package[@name='android.support.v4.content']/class[@name='AsyncTaskLoader.LoadTask']" />

This sample removes the method: android.support.v4.content.CursorLoader.loadInBackground:

<remove-node path="/api/package[@name='android.support.v4.content']/class[@name='CursorLoader']/method[@name='loadInBackground']" />

-->

<attr path="/api/package[@name='com.zebra.rfid.api3']/class[@name='GPOs']" name="visibility">public</attr>

<attr path="/api/package[@name='com.zebra.rfid.api3']/class[@name='GPIs']" name="visibility">public</attr>

<attr path="/api/package[@name='com.zebra.rfid.api3']/class[@name='Impinj']" name="visibility">public</attr>

<attr path="/api/package[@name='com.zebra.rfid.api3']/class[@name='NXP']" name="visibility">public</attr>

</metadata>

ProjectDir\Transforms\Metadata.xml

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alan rechdan
Vyacheslav a million thanks
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Caso
Hello,I know this post is old

Hello,

I know this post is old, but i have same problems, but as response, if i use that solution, project compiles fine.

But now, when i create a new Android App, and i add reference to Binding Library, from  Android project i can't access to any method of binding library. If i open Object browser and try to expand Binding Library refence, i can't see anything (is empty)

I used same sample that Leo Wonglink (Binding an .AAR - Xamarin )

I have two projects (with target level Nougat 7.1)

• RFDIAPI3: Binding library
  • TestZebra: Android project. With reference to RFIDAPI3

Project.png

From TestZebra open Object Browser (my computer is in spanish) and i can't see anythig if select RFIDAPI3, and from code i can't access to any method.
See in image, node RFIDAPI3 hasn't childs

objectexploret.png

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’