Problem to write Tag With Zebra RFID 8500 on Android

J Jean-Francois Missou 2 years 11 months ago
145 1 0

Hi,

I test developpment on Andoid for my Zebra 8500 Rfid.

So I'm able to read my tags.

Now I would like to write on EPC memory bank.

I have try some methods and I have this results with Actions.TagAccess.writeEvent(...) method :

1- IF I set writeAccessparams like this :

byte[] writeData = {0x17,0x30,0x00, 0x00,0x18, 0x07,0x09, 0x4A, 0x46, 0x00, 0x00,0x01};TagAccess tagAccess = new TagAccess();TagAccess.WriteAccessParams writeAccessParams = tagAccess.new WriteAccessParams();writeAccessParams.setAccessPassword(0);writeAccessParams.setMemoryBank(MEMORY_BANK.MEMORY_BANK_EPC);writeAccessParams.setByteOffset(0);writeAccessParams.setWriteDataLength(6);writeAccessParams.setWriteData(writeData);try {   rfidReader.Actions.TagAccess.writeEvent(writeAccessParams,null,null);}catch(OperationFailureException ofe){  Toast.makeText(mContext,"ofe " + ofe.getResults().toString(),Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();}catch(InvalidUsageException iue){  Toast.makeText(mContext,"iue " + iue.getInfo(),Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();}}I have got :
RFID_ACCESS_TAG_LOCK_FAILED
2- IF I set writeAccessparams like this :

TagAccess tagAccess = new TagAccess();TagAccess.WriteAccessParams writeAccessParams = tagAccess.new WriteAccessParams();writeAccessParams.setMemoryBank(MEMORY_BANK.MEMORY_BANK_EPC);writeAccessParams.setAccessPassword(0);writeAccessParams.setOffset(0);writeAccessParams.setWriteData("173000002012234A4A313435");writeAccessParams.setWriteDataLength(6);try {   rfidReader.Actions.TagAccess.writeEvent(writeAccessParams,null,null);}catch(OperationFailureException ofe){  Toast.makeText(mContext,"ofe " + ofe.getResults().toString(),Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();}catch(InvalidUsageException iue){  Toast.makeText(mContext,"iue " + iue.getInfo(),Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();}I have this message :
ACCESS_NO_RESPONSE_FROM_TAGACCESS_TAG_UNSPECIFIED_ERROR
3- With writeWait() methode, I have :
RFID_ACCESS_TAG_WRITE_FAILED
So I tried to lock my tag and I have this error :

RFID_ACCESS_TAG_LOCK_FAILED

With the demo application, I have the same result. I can't write my tag.

What is the recommanded method to write a tag ?

thanks.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jean-Francois Missou

Hello,
The problem came from the tag. I have some tags which have password.
So I contacted the vendor to get the password and It works fine !

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?