This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
- Does the current Zebra SDK incorporate the Z64 encoding algorithms? RW: Yes, see the Printer.PrinterUtil.ConvertGraphic() method.
- Is source code available that generates the proper image format, compresses, encodes, then calculates a checksum for the Z64 encoding? RW: See below for a short sample.
- Is there a document that describes which LZ77 algorithm is used to compress the image? RW: The ZPL Programming Guide goes into it a little, but it is a standard.
- What image / pixel format is required before compressing the data? RW: Usually PNG, but the SDK will take PNG, JPG, BMP and few others.
- How are the parameters b, c, and d calculated when using the Z64 encoding? RW: I'm not sure I understand the question.
- Does ZebraDesigner offer an API that could be used to gain access to the Z64 algorithm? RW: See question 1
- What minimum printer firmware is required to recognize the Z64 encoding? RW: I think it was v14, as in vXX.14.01Z firmware versions and above. As this firmware version has been out for over 10 years, it shouldn't be a big issue.