How to create a profile in Xamarin Forms, take 2

K Karen Cate 2 years 11 months ago
13 1 0

Hello!

Way back in April I tried to figure out how to automatically configure the profile to set up basic text formatting output. That thread is here:

Since the configuration was relatively simple, I left that task until last, and I am just now getting to implementing the code. After three days of searching and trying, I am not able to get auto import to work in any way, shape, or form. I have tried both a profile, and a configuration. I used the same names that were created by the export. I've tried at least three methods of copying the file. Nothing has worked. Help?

Here's my c# code:

using System;using System.IO;using Java.IO;using System.Threading.Tasks;using Xamarin.Forms;using Android.Views;using Android.Content.Res;using Plugin.CurrentActivity;using Acr.UserDialogs;

private bool setuptask()        {
            // Somewhere I saw a recommendation to not name the asset with a "known" suffix, use
            // something like .dat instead. So I tried that...            string importpath = "/enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/";            string tempfile = "/enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/datawedge.dat";            string importfile = "/enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/datawedge.db";            string otherfile = "/enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/dwprofile_ScanOrders.db";            string assetname = "datawedge.dat";            string filename = "datawedge.db";            try            {                // Make sure directory exists...                if (Directory.Exists(importpath) == false)                {                    Directory.CreateDirectory(importpath);                }                // Clear out any old files... I have been switching back and forth
                // between the two files, so I clean up both of them before re-copying.                if (System.IO.File.Exists(tempfile) == true)                {                    System.IO.File.Delete(tempfile);                }                if (System.IO.File.Exists(otherfile) == true)                {                    System.IO.File.Delete(otherfile);                }

// If I set a breakpoint here. The second time I call the function,
                // the file exists. (I wait a minute or two before the 2nd call.)                if (System.IO.File.Exists(importfile) == true)                {                    System.IO.File.Delete(importfile);                }                // Create temp file from our assets                Android.App.Activity context = CrossCurrentActivity.Current.Activity;                AssetManager assets = context.Assets;                using (BinaryReader br = new BinaryReader(assets.Open(assetname)))                {                    using (BinaryWriter bw = new BinaryWriter(new FileStream(tempfile, FileMode.Create)))                    {                        byte[] buffer = new byte[2048];                        int len = 0;                        while ((len = br.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)) > 0)                        {                            bw.Write(buffer, 0, len);                        }                    }                }

// Move the file into place so auto import doesn't try to pick it up before
                // the copy is complete.                System.IO.File.Move(tempfile, importfile);

// Set permissions, in case that was the problem. I was setting executable, but
                // saw example code that the author claimed worked, and he only set readable and
                // writable. So I took it back out.                using (var newfile = new Java.IO.File(importpath, filename))                {
                    // I added this bit so I could check that the file is actually
                    // created. I don't know if the contents are correct, but the copied
                    // file is ~9000 bytes long.                    long len = newfile.Length();                    if ((newfile.Exists() == false) || (len

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, please see the code sample at DataWedge Settings - Zebra Technologies TechDocs  which is known to work.  Also, I have an unofficial sample on my personal github, GitHub - darryncampbell/DataWedgeAutoImport: Sample app to show DataWedge auto import feature

Both samples are in Java but hopefully show the correct principle.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?