2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 2:39 PM by Paul OBrien

How to print to UPS's 8.25 x 4 "extended" label?

Paul OBrien

UPS has a 8.25 x 4 label with a 4x6 peel off label and "extended" 4x2 peel off label. Hoping someone has some advice or sample code for printing the UPS label on the 4x6 portion and then additional information on the 4x2 portion.  I'm using .Net

• Re: How to print to UPS's 8.25 x 4 "extended" label?
          Robin West

Hi Paul, Usually the UPS labels are generated by UPS systems.  If you are trying to recreate the label format, you could try designing it in Zebra Designer.

• Re: How to print to UPS's 8.25 x 4 "extended" label?
              Paul OBrien

Hi Robin,

I've developed a shipping station that we use to ship between 6 and 10 thousand packages a day using a number of shipping services.  We currently generate the shipping label(s) along with a routing label that is used to scan the package into a collection area we have set up for each service. Instead of printing them all on the 4x6 labels, we would like to use a two-part label that UPS has provided us.  It has a 4x6 label along with a separate 4x2 label.  What I need to do is figure out how to take the label information provided by the shipper's API and augment it with my routing information on the 4x2 portion.  I've tried creating a 4x8 bitmap image but when I send that to the ZT label printer, it only prints on the 4x6 portion and then form feeds the label.  It seems to be seeing the "break" between the two labels.  I'd be very greatful if you could point me in the right direction to figure this out!