Can multiple user accounts/passwords be stored on MC92N0-G (WinCE)?

C Caroline Beltran 2 years 11 months ago
2 1 0

We are interested in purchasing 5 MC92N0-G (WinCE) scanners to replace our laptop/USB Scanner hardware.

I've never used a WiFi scanner and need to know if it is possible to store approximately 20 user accounts / passwords locally on each scanner.  My plan would be to replicate this to each scanner.

By authenticating a user, we can transmit the username + partnumber to the application server with each scanned part, e.g.: cbeltran-1111111111.

Questions:

1) Is it possible to store up to 20 user accounts/passwords on the MC920N0-G (WinCE)?

2) If the answer to #1 is 'yes', is it necessary to create a configuration profile (lan settings, etc.) for each user or would all of the user accounts use a single configuration profile?

Thank you

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

C Caroline Beltran

1) I've done some research on Windows Compact 7 and it appears that this OS does not support multiple user accounts.

2) It appears that we'd have to write our own client authentication interface using Visual Studio 8 that would execute on Windows Compact 7.

As a better alternative to #2, I'm thiniing of having each employee log in to a desktop PC with his/her username/password and have them scan an on-screen barcode that links the scanner to their user id.  Using this method, each scanner can prefix a scanner id when transmitting the barcode to our application server.  Our application server knows who each barcode scanner is assigned to.

What are your thoughts to this alternative?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?