Cannot run barcodesample1 on Android CAT S60

D David Vuille 2 years 11 months ago
15 1 0

Hello,

I've downloaded the "barcodesample1" from the site and imported the project on Android Studio.

Everytime I try to run the app it crashes with a ClassNotFoundException. The thing is I don't understand why, because we have another app using the EMDK for scanning barcodes and it works. Unfortunately I have no contacts with the person who developped it.

I have installed the latest EMDK for Android v6.9 and did not modify the code of the sample. The code from the old app follows the guidelines provided in the Basic Scanning Tutorial from your site.

Do you have any hints that I could check to make it work ?

The stacktrace of the exception (note that my starting activity is WrapperActivity, I tried to use another activity to start the app and try to debug with no sucess, it is a simple view with a button that starts the MainActivity from the sample ) :

08-21 11:18:12.790 9654-9660/? E/art: Failed sending reply to debugger: Broken pipe
08-21 11:18:14.480 9654-9654/com.symbol.barcodesample1 E/AndroidRuntime: [ERB] Update app failure countmain
08-21 11:18:14.480 9654-9654/com.symbol.barcodesample1 E/AndroidRuntime: [ERB] Update app failure - ActivityThread.currentProcessName : com.symbol.barcodesample1
    [ERB] Update app failure - Process.myPid : 9654
08-21 11:18:14.482 9654-9654/com.symbol.barcodesample1 E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.symbol.barcodesample1, PID: 9654
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/symbol/barcodesample1/MainActivity;
        at com.symbol.barcodesample1.WrapperActivity$1.onClick(WrapperActivity.java:23)
        at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:5205)
        at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:21164)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
     Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.symbol.barcodesample1.MainActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.symbol.barcodesample1-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.symbol.barcodesample1-1/lib/arm64, /vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
        at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:511)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:469)
        at com.symbol.barcodesample1.WrapperActivity$1.onClick(WrapperActivity.java:23)
        at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:5205)
        at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:21164)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
    Suppressed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.symbol.barcodesample1.MainActivity
        at dalvik.system.DexFile.defineClassNative(Native Method)
        at dalvik.system.DexFile.defineClass(DexFile.java:226)
        at dalvik.system.DexFile.loadClassBinaryName(DexFile.java:219)
        at dalvik.system.DexPathList.findClass(DexPathList.java:338)
        at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:54)
        ... 12 more
    Suppressed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.symbol.barcodesample1.MainActivity
        at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
        at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:781)
        at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:841)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:504)
        ... 11 more
     Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack trace available

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, the EMDK will only work on Zebra mobile devices, that is why you are seeing the class not found error.  You will need to use an SDK for the CAT S60 or if you want to discuss sales then please see this link: Contact Zebra | Zebra Technologies .

Thanks.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?