DS2278 iOS SDK, Getting started

J Jose Angarita 2 years 11 months ago
75 1 0

Hi,

We want to integrate the Zebra DS2278 digital scanner into our iOS application, but I'm having problems finding a 'Getting Started' guide or something that points me in the right direction to start integrating it.

I found this iOS SDK developer guide, but on the supported scanners section it only lists the following scanners:

CS4070
RFD8500
DS3678
LI3678

On the Scanner SDK for iOS Support & Downloads I only see a demo app to download but no library, nor a link to cocoapods or some explanation on how to add the SDK on my project.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Should I just copy the libsymboldt-sdk.a in the Demo App to my project?

Thank you in advance!

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

DS2278 is not an Apple MFi certified. So its Bluetooth SPP does not work with iOS devices. Therefore, the this iOS SDK developer guide​ is not applicable to DS2278.

However, the Bluetooth LE on DS2278 is not subjected to Apple MFi certification. So DS2278 can connect to iOS device over the Bluetooth LE. You can refer to DS2278 Digital Scanner Product Reference Guide on how to connect over BT LE. Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?