problem printing small tags

// Expert user has replied.
G Guy Russell 2 years 11 months ago
3 1 0

I am having difficulty encoding the epcs on small tags. I have tried manual tag and rfid calibration, tried factory reset and manual calibration again and calibrating from the Zebra Setup Utilities application. I am using 2 sizes of tags - 2 inch by 1 inch and 1 inch by 1/2 inch - all Monza 6. I am using the Link OS package in a XAML application to send the ZPL to a brand new ZD500R printer (V74.20.01Z). The larger tags print and encode just as they're supposed to. The smaller tags behave themselves while printing only - with the exception that the printer skips a tag, prints a tag, skips a tag, prints a tag... When I add the instruction to encode the epc : $"^RS8^RFW,H,,,,^FD{Epc}^FS" or $"^RFW,H,,,,^FD{Epc}^FS" I start encountering all sorts of odd behavior (this works perfectly on the larger tags). Sometimes it skips a tag, prints VOID, skips a tag, prints a tag, etc or sometimes it just spits out a half a dozen VOID tags and sometimes some of those actually have the correctly encoded epcs! Can anyone give me a hint as to why am I getting such erratic results?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Manuel Caicedo-Rivera

Hi Guy,

Please, could you share the full ZPL code that you are using. The ZPL for  a 2 x 1 tag, should be adjusted for 1 x 1/2 tag dimensions. Not only RFID calibration is required, it is also recommended to do a label calibration , and review if the label area for the small tag is covered in the label for ZPL printing commands correctly. Also, could you share the "allcv" report of the printer, so we can review if there are settings of the printer that need to be adjusted as well. Otherwise, the best channel to work this type of issues should be through our Technical Support team, you can request to open a ticket.

Thanks
MC

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?