Please see the attached, Updated to the latest Xamarin Framework. Successfully deployed to an MC330M.
BarcodeTest.rar 202.6 K
Thank you Stuart,
which version of Visual Studio do you use. I tried your sample, but it causes the same java unhandled exception: Unable to instantiate activity .
I use Visual Studio Professional the last version 15.8.6
I also installed the EMDK Extension in Tools > Extensions as well as the pre-package from NuGet.
What device are you deploying to as it does seem there could be extra steps required if your device is Android Lollypop or lower.
Im new to this though so that could be wrong (only started dev on this device/SDK yesterday).
(also, please do not use any of the code as is from the example, if you manage to get it running. The BarcodeReaderStatus class especially is just bad design, but helps to proove a point, which was the scope of that "throw away" code.)
Code running with breakpoint hit after the init of scanner: