PrintConnect doesn't work on TC25 Nougat device.

R Roman Trokachevsky 2 years 11 months ago
11 3 0

Hi!

Downloaded and built your latest examples(with multiplatform SDK).  - TC25BJ cant find ZD410 printer via bluetooth. Switching to Printer Setup - it's working(finding - OK)

EDITED: I've tried to use BluetoothDiscoverer.findPrinters. Also nothing.
PrintConnect doesn't work on TC25 Nougat device. So I cant use intent to print labels now.

Zebra Printer Setup only app that finds bluetooth ZD410 printer.
BUT Printer setup does not support handling print intent.

So what should i do?
Only way is - to integrate SDK and do printer pairing/search by myself?

Thank you.

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

R Roman Trokachevsky

So
I've found error.
In com.zebra.sdk.printer.discovery.BluetoothDiscoverer
private boolean isPrinterClass(BluetoothDevice var1)
we have check is deviceClass == 1664.

BUT my ZD410 got deviceClass = 7936

So My printer has only bluetooth LE.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Roman,

1. The default configuration of Bluetooth on ZD410 is BLE. The Bluetooth Classic (for SPP profile) is optional. You can use the following SGD command to check what type of Bluetooth on the ZD410 via Zebra Printer Setup Utilities for Windows.
! U1 getvar "bluetooth"
Check the response to the above command. If you see the following line in the response, it means that the printer only has Bluetooth LE.
bluetooth.le.controller_mode : le , Choices: le
If you see the following line in the response, then the printer has both Bluetooth Classic and BLE, and is currently configured to have both.
bluetooth.le.controller_mode : both , Choices: both,classic,le
You can use the following SGD command to configure the printer as Classic only, LE only or both.
! U1 setvar "bluetooth.le.controller_mode" "le"

2. The PrintConnect app on Android only works for Bluetooth Classic. It cannot detect or connect to BLE on the printer. That might be the reason it doesn't work for you, because the ZD410 you have may have BLE only. In contrast, the Printer Setup Utilities app on Android works with both Classic and BLE. When both Classic and BLE are enabled on the printer, the Setup Utilities app would connect to the Classic and will not connect to the BLE. You can differentiate this by checking the icon. If there is a Bluetooth icon with "4.0", it means this is a BLE printer. Otherwise, it's a Bluetooth Classic printer.

3. If you want to build the SDK demo with BLE on Android, you would need to use the demo in ..\link_os_sdk\android_btle folder and reference to the Android BTLE API.

Hope this helps.

R Roman Trokachevsky

Okay. Thank you for reply!As I understood - i can't send data from my android via BLE or only configuration of printer?

Can i print labels from android with this printer?

Thanks

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?