Scandit and DataWedge together

A Alessandro Caliaro 2 years 11 months ago
112 1 0

Hi guys.

I have developed an Application with Xamarin Android using Scandit libraries.

It works fine (Scandit is a very good product).

Now I would like to add also DataWedge functionality so the end user can decide how to scan barcode (with Camera and Scandit or with TC51 barcode reader with DataWedge).

I have used Intent API and BroadcastReceiver to configure and receive barcodes from DataWedge

My problem is: when Scandit SDK is working (so I am using Camera to scan barcodes) I am not able to use DataWedge. Pressing hardware buttons do nothing.

To work with DataWedge I have to call Scandit SDK 's StopScanning() function: after that, pressing hardware buttons the TC51 barcode reader start to scan.

I don't understand why Scandit and DataWedge can't work together. It seems that if the Camera is used by Scandit, DataWedge is blocked, but for me this should not happen if I use DataWedge with integrated barcode reader...

Can you give me some suggestions?
Thanks
Alessandro

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, it might seem unintuitive but you cannot use both DataWedge and the device camera simultaneously so your observation is correct.  There is a low level dependency between DataWedge and the camera since DW also offers camera scanning... this does not consider that the user might only using the hardware imager for scanning.

In order to achieve what you describe it is necessary to call StopScanning() on the Scandit SDK before using DataWedge for scanning.

Hope that helps explain the observation.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?