Google Play console Developer (private app distribution beta testing)

M Marcel de Boef 2 years 11 months ago
21 1 0

Hello, as descriped in your portal: https://developer.zebra.com/community/home/blog/2018/03/08/distribute-p…
Is working but, now I want a step further.

The main production app we can publish to production is autoenroll with MobileIron (MDM).
But as you now we want not push a app update directly to our 350 Zebra TC56
The option is Google is to make App Releases a BETA or a Alpha (closed or open).

I can make it and add users, but when I click the link provided a get the message you are tester. But when I click the link to google play I get google play worldwide not the google play for our private app.
This is the reaction from google:
Hi Developer,

Thanks for your reply.

After checking, I noticed that your updated version is still in the closed beta track. Please click the "CHANGE TESTING METHOD" of the closed beta track, change the testing method to "open beta track," then you may end this open test first. After that, you may upload your testing app to the closed alpha track.

You may find more information here at our help center.

So do you know how to setup a BETA or alpha track to test a update for our app?

I hope you can help me. 

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Marcel, I would have expected that this kind of beta rollout / selected distribution would be handled through the EMM for Managed Play - those closed beta groups require you to enter a @gmail.com address to enrol participants which does not work for many Enterprise deployments.  I see there is a mobile iron help page that talks about deploying to a specific group, as defined by the beta or alpha channels: MobileIron Cloud Help - Managing Google Play Apps

Let me forward this question internally to try and get you a better answer.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?