Deactivate soft-keyboard on MC3300

Hi,

is it possible to deactivate the onscreen keyboard on the MC3300? Since this device has a hardware keyboard it would be helpful to deactivate the automatic popup of the soft-Keyboard.

I have seen such an option in other (non Zebra) devices.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Uwe

Peter Kastner
Go to any editable text field

Go to any editable text field, tap the keyboard icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen, set the toggle switch of show virtual keyboard to disabled. Does that work for you?

Screenshot_20181109-195209.png

Screenshot_20181109-194906.png

Screenshot_20181109-194912.png

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Reisewitz
Thanks for your help. My main

Thanks for your help.

My main problem was that my app needs complete control over the virtual keyboard (regardless of the availablilty af a hardware keyboard). I hadn't thought about the soft-keyboard-only devices when I asked the question, sorry.

I have managed to control the keyboard successfully so this is no longer an issue.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Javier Molina
Uwe,For the benefit of the

Uwe,

For the benefit of the community and whoever has this same problem in the future and finds this question, can you share how you are controlling the keyboard in your app?

Thanks!

Javier Molina

Technical Architect, Kutir Mobility

Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Reisewitz
Javier,I currently have a

Javier,

I currently have a support call open with Microsoft regarding the handling of the cursor. When this is solved, I will post the code (probably on GitHub) and add a link here.

Best Regards

Uwe

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Uwe Reisewitz
I have created a sample with

I have created a sample with full control over the virtual keyboard and posted it on GitHub:

https://github.com/UweReisewitz/XamarinAndroidEntry

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’