Do we need different prn files for different printer models?

I recently pick up the support of the tag printing software for Zebra printers and have a question, hope someone can give me some help!

The printers we have been using are the older type with the model # ZM400 (using parallel interface). Our in-house Software uses the ZPL commands created by Zebra Designer as the template to output (as raw data) to model # ZM400 printer, and it working fine.

Now we brought a new Zebra printer model ZT410 (using USB interface). When we tried to print to it, the output didn’t look right – 2 or 3 fixed text fields were printed with incorrect font sizes! Why? Do I need different set of ZLP commands for different printer models for them to look the same? Another word, do I need to use Zebra Designer to create new ZLP commands sets for the new printer?

Thanks for any help?

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi William,This is very odd

Hi William,

This is very odd as we strive for printing backwards compatibility.  The text fields in question, what font are they using?  Can you share a prn file so we can compare and look into it?

Thanks!

Robin

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

William Yin
Hi Robin,I recently took over

Hi Robin,

I recently took over the tag printing responsibility from an employee who just left. I believe the C# code he left me is an older version which use smaller font size. I will update the C# code to make it work. However, thank you very much for looking into my question!

William

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’