Printing from .Net Web App using WebSockets

J Justin Moore 3 years ago
309 1 0

How can this be done? I've reviewed this document, as well as the github examples, and numerous other examples on this site. I can't find any clear-cut explanations of how to communicate with a Zebra printer over web sockets. What steps do I need to take? Can it even be done? I'm about to give up and just write a desktop app to do this. I've seen numerous questions about this topic that have gone unanswered, or were answered with dead links to documentation that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Do you even support web based applications other than Java applets?

Just to be clear, I'm simply trying to print a 'hello world' label from a printer (ZT610) as a proof of concept that this can be accomplished using a web app.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Javier Molina

Justin,
In addition to the document you linked to, you may want to review this other documentation: http://techdocs.zebra.com/link-os/2-14/webservices/content/link-os-pg-a… which details how to configure the printer to connect to your server.

Please note that in this type of configuration, the WebSockets connection originates in the printer and targets your .Net (or other) server. Your server will receive an HTTP request from the printer and is responsible for upgrading that connection to a websocket (and keeping it open). Once the connection is established, your server can send print commands to the printer through that connection.

Does that help?

Javier Molina
Technical Architect, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?