Problem with BrowserPrint on Edge

T Tim Baart 2 years 11 months ago
73 2 0

Hi!

We have an issue with BrowserPrint on Edge. Even with the newest version that was released yesterday, using the sample that comes with the application, it doesn't work on Edge. Chrome and Internet Explorer works fine, but on Edge we get an error when initializing BrowserPrint.

In the Demo we just get an alert popup with an empty error message. Just an alert with "The site says...", so there's no actual error message.

In our own application we get an actual error message in the console of the DevTools.
"SCRIPT5007: SCRIPT5007: Object expected"

This occurs at the following bolded and underlined location in the javascript file:

var BrowserPrint=function(){
function e(e){return s+e}
function n(e,n){
     var i=new XMLHttpRequest;return"withCredentials"in i?i.open(e,n,!0):"undefined"!=typeof XDomainRequest?(i=new XDomainRequest,i.open(e,n)):i=null,i}
function i(e,n,i,t){
     return void 0!=e&&(void 0==i&&(i=e.sendFinishedCallback),void 0==t&&(t=e.sendErrorCallback)),n.onreadystatechange=function(){n.readyState===XMLHttpRequest.DONE&&

Any idea why this is happening, and what we can do to fix this?

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,

Tim

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Tim,

Thank you for pointing that details! Seems you need to submit your problem to Zebra Technical Support.

Best regards,
Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Tim,

As you can see on a product page Browser Print SDK | Link-OS | Zebra ​there is no Edge browser in supported browsers and platforms list. Here are supported browsers: "Internet Explorer v11 or later, Chrome v51 or later, or Safari". It means that Edge browser may have compatibility issues.

Wouldn't be an option for you to use Internet Explorer? MS Edge is currently being rebuilt by Microsoft as a Chromium-based browser. So there is some chance to see it listed among Browser Print supported browsers in future.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?