Using - ZC350 / LINK-OS-PC SDK / NUGET , is it possible to print ID Cards from a web application?

J Joshua Preston 2 years 11 months ago
43 0 0

Some Context
We are currently using the Zebra ZXP Series 3 Printers which support a very ancient, old SDK (which is hardly a SDK at all).

I was able to fashion together a printing application by grabbing from these ancient, horribly written SDKs here and here​

Unfortunately the Link-OS Multiplatform SDK is not supported with the Zebra ZXP Series 3 ID Card printing.

Some Questions
I have multiple questions. See them below.

1) The Zebra ZXP Series 3 takes about 30 seconds to print one ID Card, front and back. Even though I am only printing on the front of the card, the printer still takes 30 seconds to print the card. I was watching some YouTube videos of people printing sample cards with their new ZC300's and it looks like front and back printing is still slow, takes about 20-25 seconds to print one of their sample cards.
Now to the actual question:

Q) What is the fastest ID Card printer and what kind of times can I expect? Is the ZC350 ID Card printer faster than the ZC300?

2) The Zebra ZXP Series 3 does not support printing cards from a web application (asp.net for example). You can not use BrowserPrint either, it is not supported with the ZXPS3. I had to write a custom service that has to be installed on any client's machine who wishes to use our web application to print cards. Our web application then talks to the custom service to send printing instructions to it which are forwarded to the client's USB connected ZXPS3.

Q) Does the Link-OS Multiplatform SDK support printing cards from the web? Does the ZC300 / ZC350 support printing cards over the web?

If it doesn't, then upgrading to the ZC300 / ZC350 for a 5 second performance increase is absolutely pointless.

Message was edited by: Joshua Preston
- Updated links

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?