Read label size

V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
112 2 0

I want to read the size of label in the ZT410 by python.I can change the size of label or print any different label size but I want to check
the size by my program and send different details to printer .For example my user has no idea about the printer and labels ,he just runs the code ,the program read the size of label that there is in the printer and depends on the label runs different code.Is there any way to read  it or not?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

The label size involves the width and length of a label. The length of a label can be detected through the media calibration. The width of the label is predetermined through the type of printers and width of the media, for example, 2" printer vs 4" printer. The calibration process doesn't auto detect the width of a label. Once the media in the printer has been calibrated, the program can query the length of the label
! U1 getvar "zpl.label_length"
Please note, printers accepts the media that is narrower than the printer width.

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Elahe,

Unsure it is possible to read label size from printer, but you can try to use SGD "odometer.label_dot_length" command from Programming Guide​ document.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?