Wrong message shown for app-pinning/unpinning

H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years 2 months ago
314 1 0

I'm using the Android feature to Pin the app using the the startLockTask() function. This shows a guide (screenshot attached) for how to unpin the app. The guide says, "touch and hold Back and Overview at the same time" however that is not how the screen can be unpinned. If you meddle around with the back key, it gives a toast , "To unpin this screen, press and hold the Search key". The real way to do it is to press and hold the Overview key (aka Recent Screen key) to unpin it (Also Zebra devices have a different icon for the Overview key than the standard Android devices. It is an ellipse rather than a square).

Can anything be done for this?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

H Hunter Bradshaw

That message is not user configurable and would require a new build of Android to accomplish.  Very few of our customers use application pinning so although I'll notify our BSP team, I suspect this would have a low priority...most of our customers use either lock task mode or some kind of kiosk application.  Out of interest, may I ask why you are using screen pinning in your application?  I always saw that as more of a consumer app use-case so would like to make sure we aren't missing anything.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?