How a third-party app detects whether its Connected/Disconnected with the scanner (TC25 Model)

E Eeshan Jamal 3 years ago
4 1 0

As a third-party app I request to connect with the scanner and I received the EMDK Manager instance using which I added a data listener on a specific profile. Now while the app is running user disabled the scanning in the default scanner controller app. How would app get to know about it? Is there any specific delegate to listen the Availability/Unavailability of the scanner for the third party apps once the connection is established?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Javier Molina

Eeshan,

If you're using the EMDKManager.getEMDKManager , you're passing an EMDKListener as the second parameter. The onClosed method of your EMDKListener should be called if the connection to the EMDK service is terminated. Is that happening in your case?

If not, can you please add some more details on your scenario? Specifically, when you say "user diabled the scanning in the default scanner controller app", please describe what is happening exactly (what setting is being changed on what application).

Javier Molina
Technical Architect, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?