Printing dithering image through Zebra designer

b bhargav venkatesh 3 years ago
334 1 0

Hi
I have developed an application using PHP and Javascript. I need to print a dithered image of a person using the zebra gc420t printer. I have a Zebra Designer 2 Software where in the printer settings I can the image to dithering smooth(as shown below).

Now If I add the colored image to the printer and print the label.
Does the printer prints the dithering image?
(P.S: Right now I don't have the printer it was given for service)
And I want to embed this Zebra Designer application to my application so it runs on background and prints the labels. Is it possible?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Bhargav,

I unsure that printer is able to dither and then print a colored image. Seems image needs get dithered before sending to a printer.
Also it may worth to switch from EPL to ZPL as more advanced language.

Also I unsure you can embed Zebra Designer application into your application. Moreover, I unsure you need to do it.
Zebra Designer typically is used to create a label design that can contain graphic fields. And then one can send resulted ZPL code of label with all respective respective field values to a printer via Link-OS SDK or via direct communication.

You can use this response as example on how images can be printed and how to dither them without Zebra Designer:

Here you can find details on ^GF ZPL command:https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/printers/common/program…

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?