Enterprise Browser licensing - version 2.0 vs. 1.8

// Expert user has replied.
P Petr Stejskal 2 years 11 months ago
6 2 0

Hello,
I just want to ask, as per the PMB-10086, SW-ENTBR-AND and SW-ENTBR-WIN were discontinued and replaced with SWA-EB0SA00-0D01 and SWA-EB0SW00-0D01.
Last book/ship date for the above mentioned PNs were 15th DEC 2018.

Do the new part numbers entitle us to install/use Enterprise Browser v2.0 only, or can we downgrade this license to 1.8?

Version 2.0 is not yet tested with our application and we need to use v1.8 – but as far as I can understand it now, it is not possible to purchase a 1.8 license.

Petr

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jocelyn Visco

Hi Petr,

The launch PMB is meant to inform market that an upgrade version is available and, eventually, our older versions will be phased out.  We will release an updated PMB to clarify this  to include last book date and end-of-support date. As the product is in its grace period, it is still orderable and with active support contract, v1.8, customers will have access to technical support.  Please excuse for any confusion or inconvenience it may have caused.  We are working closely with our Engineering and Account Teams to ensure our customers are guided accordingly. 

P Petr Stejskal

Jocelyn,
thank you for feedback.
Unfortunatelly the PMB clearly stated the last book date and last ship date for EB 1.8 to be at 15th Dec 2018 - so I guess that's what caused the confusion.
Actually no one is aware about the grace period - distribution, L1 technical support,...
We ordered the old part numbers for EB 1.8 with the distribution, but we received the new 2.0 licenses.
Regards
Petr

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?