6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2019 11:19 AM by Chuck Woodbury

ZT400-Sample.ACD

Chuck Woodbury

This ControlLogix program is mentioned as a sample guide with PLC Code written to recall and print on a stored template. It cannot be found. Another discussion says to use ScanPrintDemo.ACD but that has nothing in it to recall a stored template to and populate the template with data.

Just wondering if the ZT400-Sample.ACD does exist and if so, where. Rockwell Automation has absolutely nothing in their sample code library or in their knowledgebase concerning Zebra.

• Re: ZT400-Sample.ACD
          Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Chuck,

Do you mean that discussion? ZT400-Sample.ACD

Is there chance that you need also EIP-203.zip and EIP-300.zip files attached there as they contain ZPL code with templates.  Could those file help you being used together with ScanPrintDemo.ACD?

Also, there is Network Connect for Automation document that can help you:

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/software/network-connect-for-automation-developer-guide-P10…

Dmitry Prokhorov

Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility

Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

Chuck Woodbury

On page 32 #1, under Recalling and Printing with a Template, it specifically states you have a CLX demo ZT400-Sample.ACD file.

And the only answer ever shown is ScanPrintDemo.ACD.

ScanPrintDemo really has nothing to do with what I am trying to do.

I have followed the book, set the format name to null when loading the first group of data to my label, increment the sequence counter and the label prints the first set of data into the fields where I want them. I see the second data set is loaded in the parser, the format name gets changed to my label, then when the print comes out, it is blank. I'm almost sure it's timing, maybe the ASCII needs more time to send to the printer. I just thought having the aforementioned demo, where someone might have done this before would save me a lot of time and labels.

Since that apparently is not the case, I shall keep plugging away at populating my label until I get the code right.

Thank you,

Chuck

Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Chuck,

Do you have any option to check printer readiness status before sending a second data set to your printer?

Could it be a cause of your problem?

Also, I suppose you may need to contact Zebra tech support  to address your problem.

Contact Support | Zebra Technologies

Dmitry Prokhorov

Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility

Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

Chuck Woodbury

Zebra Tech Support is excellent in everything Zebra as long as it does not involve the PLC.

They haven't had any experience with this yet.

I am watching the Printer Return Data and the System Status but I am not seeing any changes during the parser loading so I dont have a good reference to validate the data for the first round input.

On a bright note, I did get the second round of data entry to populate almost all of the correct fields and then print the label so I am making progress.

FN27, FN28, FN29, FN31, FN32 and FN34-FN38 all went to the correct place on my label.

Not sure what happened to FN30. At FN39, the data skips 4 of the SINTs then populates again.

I think that is the way my "next" PLC Tag is being added.

I start moving myString[0] copies to the rawparser[2] then I add the myString[0]+2 to my "Next" tag then use that to load the rest of the data using a nice little For/Next loop made out of a JMP and LBL instruction.

What tag in the Printer Inputs would be one to watch to see the printer is collecting data from the PLC?

Chuck Woodbury

FN30 was too long maybe? I had it at 30 characters possible. Add the ^FN30^FD and ^FS then I was at 44.

I just changed my label from numeric and alphanumeric to all characters. I think that made no difference.

I thought since everything is ASCII, it should be all Characters vice numeric, as I have changed all of my data to String to facilitate loading the parser. I may just have to load each string line by line in the code instead of using the For/Next.

Chuck Woodbury

Hello again, I am able to send all of data to the printer but it only ever prints the second half of the data from the rawparser.

I have a spreadsheet built with DDE Links looking at the RawParserData and timers controlling how long between each step before the next phase of the operation begins. I start by clearing out the Format Name and the Raw Parser Data. I then load the first bytes of data into the parser (^XA^FN11^FDtrucknumber^FS at SINT 2 and I see that populate my spreadsheet. 2 seconds later my for/next loop populates all the rest of the first section of data. I wait 30 seconds then increment the sequence number to one (i started that time at 0 and increased a bit at a time). The 30 Seconds is so I could see and verify all of the Field Numbers and data in the spreadsheet. Next step I load the Label Name I am recalling. I then repeat the process for the second set of data that ends with ^FN49^FDconductivityreading^FS^XZ. Then I increment the sequence counter again.

the ticket prints but only Fields 27 to 49 have data. Fields 11 through 26 are never present.

I have ended the first group with ~PP and the printer pause comes on. I ended the second group with ^XZ^PS and I get a label printed that only has the second set of data in the label.

I have to be missing something but what, I do not know.

Any suggestions?