Scanner is shutting down after scanning successively

N Nikola Brandl 2 years 11 months ago
593 1 0

Hello there,

I am developing and Android application for an Zebra TC75x with EMDK. I have sometimes the issue that the device crashes after a few fast scans one after another. Sometimes the scanner just stops working and wont bring up a Scanning Event. To Sum up I am receiving 3 different errors after scanning a lot of Barcodes

1. Scanner doesn't work anymore + Error Toast with Message: (Unexpected Error occurred in scanning service, please restart the application)

2. Scanner does work but doesn't bring up a scanning Event + Error Message in Debugger ( W/ViewRootImpl[MainActivity]: Dropping event due to no window focus: KeyEvent { action=ACTION_DOWN, keyCode=KEYCODE_BUTTON_R1, scanCode=744, metaState=0, flags=0x8, repeatCount=3, eventTime=1948615, downTime=1948013, deviceId=5, source=0x701 } )

3. The device shuts down an reboot

I am wondering if I can block the scanner from scanning until I am finished handling the Scanning Event which happened before.

Or is this a known issue which I can prevent somehow

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi,

Couple of things I can think to try, make sure you are running the latest OS release from TC75x Touch Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra .  I'm not sure if it is a known issue but it might help to be running the latest.  Also, you might want to try to reproduce this with the sample app (Barcode APIs - Zebra Technologies Techdocs ), possibly there is some threading issue with your app.

This does sound like something that would need a support ticket to be filed to understand the issue properly.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?