TC70 upgrade to Lollipop WLAN stops working

J Jorge Vigil 3 years ago
40 3 0

Hello everyone;

I have a problem with a TC70 device. Once I updated it, the WiFi stopped working. I know it is a knowing issue and I found out a solution to it but the URL is not longer available. Someone knows how to fix this problem? Has Zebra a link to this file?
The old URL is this https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionI….
As you can see is a link to motorola older repositories.

Thanks in advance!

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

P Pepe Parafa

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Jorge,

I am also unable to find an article you mentioned but seems it is well known problem with upgrade to lollipop.
It has been already discussed here:

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

J Jorge Vigil

Hello Dmitry,

I could talk with Zebra Techincal Support and it seams that this problem appears once you upgrade from 4.4.2 to 5.1.1 Lollipop directly. As they told me, you could upgrade the device from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 Kitkat and then upgrade it to Lollipop and this problem will never appears. It is very surprising that Zebra does not mentioned anything about this possible solution. We have more than 30 TC70 and we have this issue only with the olders (4/5 years old). All of them are Symbol devices not Zebra and I guess they have another hardware incompatible with Lollipop OS.

Anyway, thanks for your response

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?