Zebra Mobile Printer Print Orientation (Invert 180 Degrees)

J John McElroy 2 years 10 months ago
1063 1 0

Hi there,

I have a question relating to Zebra mobile printers more specifically the ZQ620 model.

I know it is possible to set up the printer in printer properties/options what print orientation (rotate 180 degrees) to print a label.

I know it is also possible to configure the printer using the zebra setup utility tool in the configure printer settings/Orientation option and selecting the orientation option as either normal/Invert 180 degrees.

I know using the ZPL commands I can use the following to invert to change the print orientation using the POI command.

^XA^CFD ^POI ^LH330,10 ^FO50,50 ^FDZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES^FS ^FO50,75 ^FDVernon Hills, IL^FS ^XZ 

However, my question is whether this can be done using a command similar to below but for print orientation 180 degrees? As I am not printing to the printer using the ZPL commands and would like to change the print properties in code (c# .Net) opposed to having to configure the printer preferences manually.

! U1 getvar "ezpl.media_type"
     ! U1 setvar "ezpl.media_type" "gap/notch"

Thanks,
John

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello John,

I unable to find respective SGD command mentioned in ZPL and SGD Programming Guide:
https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/printers/common/program…

However I requested "allcv" report from my ZQ320 printer this way:
Using the SGD Allcv Command ! U1 getvar "allcv"

And I can see following line in a report:
zpl.print_orientation : nor , Choices: nor,inv

So you can check if this command is supported for your printer and try to use it this way:
! U1 getvar "zpl.print_orientation"
! U1 setvar "zpl.print_orientation" "inv"

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?