TC51 Crashing using sample code for bar code scanner

V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 10 months ago
21 1 0

Android v6.0.1
BSP is 01-21-04.1-MG-00-UPDATE005 release-keys

I have installed the Intellij plug-in for EDMK version 7 and followed the barcode scanning tutorial here:
     Basic Scanning Tutorial using Barcode API - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

I am working on an early concept version of an app and we are crashing after the onCreate based on debugging

A/art: art/runtime/entrypoints/quick/quick_trampoline_entrypoints.cc:923] Check failed: called != nullptr int java.lang.Enum.ordinal() com.symbol.emdk.EMDKManager$FEATURE_TYPE[] virtual 15A/art: art/runtime/barrier.cc:90] Check failed: count_ == 0 (count_=-1, 0=0) Attempted to destroy barrier with non zero count    art/runtime/runtime.cc:366] Runtime aborting --- recursively, so no thread-specific detail!    art/runtime/runtime.cc:366] A/libc: Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 612
gradle depedency

compileOnly 'com.symbol:emdk:7.0.0'
I am not sure what else to do. I have been cruising other discussions and am not seeing any solution that works.
It was referenced this may be an issue that require support ()

Can we confirm if there is a fix in progress?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi, I note that EMDK 7.x does not support Marshmallow, I recommend you use EMDK 6.9 as you will find M on the list of supported devices: About EMDK For Android - Zebra Technologies Techdocs .  Also, I suggest you ensure your TC51 is up to date with the latest lifeguard patches: TC51 Touch Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra  and finally, if neither of the above work I suggest contacting technical support to find out the status of the issue you reference under   because I agree they do sound like the same issue (although it looks like the resolution there is to modify the gradle file rather than a code change): Contact Support | Zebra Technologies 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?