Need some feedback.

A Ashley Harrison 2 years 10 months ago
1 2 0

Hello,

My team and I are working on a mobile app for a restaurant. When a customer places an order, that customer receives a "Thank you for your order." email and the Restaurant gets a "New order from your application".

In the body of the restaurant email, the full order is displayed and there is also a pdf attachment with the order.

In the backend of the app, we only have the option of adding an 'email address' that can be assigned as the 'printer email'.

Which printer has the capability to have an email assigned so that once an new order/email comes in, the order is printed in the kitchen chit?

Please advise.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Ashley,

In case you have a control on your program source code and able to change it could it be an option for you to send print job to network printer in a same loop which is used to send email message? This way you can send you print jobs to printer in your network.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Ashley,

While zebra printers are able to send email messages in some cases (such as alert events) I am unsure they are able to receive email messages in any way. I believe you need some kind of custom solution that will consist of email server or email client that will receive email message and custom program to print received messages.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?