Arabic Text Printing from Microsoft Navision

M Manoj Yesodharan 2 years 10 months ago
45 2 0

Hi,
I am fiddling with one issue with Prinitng Arabic Text on our Barcode printer ZT230 from Navision 2017.
Arabic Text does not appear on the Label but the number appears on the correct position as example item description ( Ulker Chocolate Albeni 40gm) the 40 appears as correct but text is blank and alligned properly.From Navision 2017 all Arabic description is feeded and when the print button is clicked it saves the files to drive with Itemlabel.prn with UTF-8 and it appears correct with no response to arabic text on printing but when i give the same .prn file through command it prints correctly.I tried to call the function from the file as well but still the same from Navision. Below english is appearing at the correct postion with barcodes and price.Problem is only with Arabic Text.Is there anyone who has come across with same problem and a solution please.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Manoj,

To print Arabic text you may need to set respective font/encoding set value with ^CI ZPL command:
https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/printers/common/program…

Also, you may need to download specific font with Arabic characters to your printer with respective ZPL commands. See them in mentioned manual, please.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Manoj,

When you give the same .prn file through command and it prints correctly, what exact command do you use? Could you please to share it?
Problem with printing Arabic texts from Navision could be due to a way it converts your UTF-8 text to bytes before sending them to a printer.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?