Unknown printer language Old Printer TLP-3844Z

Hello There,

I have a question about get printer's settings using SDK  2.14.1989, when I try to get printer settings, there is an error come out.

Zebra.Sdk.Printer.ZebraPrinterLanguageUnknownException: Unknown printer language

at Zebra.Sdk.Printer.Internal.ZebraPrinterFactoryHelper.GetLanguage(Connection connection, String[] cpclFwVersionPrefixes)

at Zebra.Sdk.Printer.PrinterUtil.GetLinkOsPrinter(String connectionString)

at Zebra.Sdk.Printer.PrinterUtil.GetSettingsFromPrinter(String connectionString)

The printer firmware version is: v45-11-07z

The questions is what is version v45-11-07zA? is it different from v45-11-07z?

How should I get the printer's settings, I saw the Utility can set and update the printer's settings, SDK should has the function to do that.

Hello Peter,

From release notes document for your printer firmware version I can see your printer is supporting ZPL language.

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/firmware/en/release-notes/v45-11-7za-notes.pdf

But I unable to see in TLP-3844Z related documents any mention that it has support for SGD language.

Anyway, you can try to run following command to capture a report on all printer settings:

! U1 getvar "allcv"

You can capture SGD command result following advice in this article:

Using the SGD Allcv Command ! U1 getvar "allcv" <CR>

Dmitry Prokhorov

Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility

Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Nothing happened after using !UI getvar “allcv”

Regards,

Peter Du | Software Engineer

Dare Auto Inc.

Phone : 734-228-6299 Ext: 164

Address: 47548 Halyard Dr,

Plymouth TWP, MI 48170

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hello Peter,

There is "U1" (u one) should be used, not "UI" (both are letters). Also you may need to press Enter twice after command typed or put two new lines after command in a file. In case it will not work then it may mean your printer has no support for SGD commands. So we will try to figure out other options.

Dmitry Prokhorov

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hello Peter,

Your printer has support for EPL language and it could have EPL mode as activated.

In this case you can use U command to print configuration label:

https://support.zebra.com/cpws/docs/eltron/epl2/EPL2_Prog.pdf#page=148

In mentioned document you can see a number of commands to obtain printer status.

Also you can use EPL language to print labels.

Dmitry Prokhorov

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

The TLP-3844Z is not a Link-OS printer. The SDK you used is base on Link-OS printers. To determine the printer language, the Link-OS SDK takes the consideration of how the printer firmware is named. Please see the documentation at http://techdocs.zebra.com/link-os/2-14/android/content/com/zebra/sdk/pri...(com.zebra.sdk.comm.Connection), on how to determine the printer language.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’