EMDK, TC25 : How can I trigger the camera view during scanning?

Hello,

I am integrating device TC25 in a Xamarin app via EMDK 4.0.0.3 (Visual Studio 2017)

The scanning of barcodes itself is working, but I have no camera view with the red cross when scanning.

When I start the DWDemo app and push the scan button, I see immediately the camera view with a red cross. So it must be possible on the TC25 device.

I was thinking about some missing configuration.

Here is my code part from InitScanner:

//Get the feature object such as BarcodeManager object for accessing the feature.

_barcodeManager = (BarcodeManager)_emdkManager.GetInstance(EMDKManager.FEATURE_TYPE.Barcode);

_scanner = _barcodeManager.GetDevice(BarcodeManager.DeviceIdentifier.Default);

if (_scanner != null)

{

//Attahch the Data Event handler to get the data callbacks.

_scanner.Data += scanner_Data;

//Attach Scanner Status Event to get the status callbacks.

_scanner.Status += scanner_Status;

_scanner.Enable();

//EMDK: Configure the scanner settings

ScannerConfig config = _scanner.GetConfig();

config.SkipOnUnsupported = ScannerConfig.SkipOnUnSupported.None;

config.ScanParams.DecodeLEDFeedback = true;

config.ReaderParams.ReaderSpecific.ImagerSpecific.PickList = ScannerConfig.PickList.Enabled;

config.DecoderParams.Code39.Enabled = true;

config.DecoderParams.Code128.Enabled = false;

_scanner.SetConfig(config);

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, is this the preview shown

Hi, is this the preview shown by "Image Capture Mode"?  If you go to the settings of DWDemo --> Reader Params --> Image Capture Mode.  I am pretty sure this is not possible but I would like to understand that we are referring to the same preview.  According to Barcode Input - Zebra Technologies TechDocs  Image Capture Mode should be set to 'off'. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erik Van Goubergen
Hello,The Image Capture Mode

Hello,

The Image Capture Mode in the demo app is turned off.

In attachment you find a picture of the camera view with red cross of the demo app. This camera view is not visible in my app. However I am able to scan, but I have no view.Barcodescanner.jpg

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, If Image Capture Mode is

Hi, If Image Capture Mode is definitely 'off' then I am not sure which setting is causing the preview I'm afraid.  For me, DWDemo does not show that preview by default which is strange.  You could try modifying the settings of the DWDemo DataWedge profile until you find the correct setting if nobody else is able to weigh in in this conversation.  I apologise for my lack of knowledge here but the most common use case is to show an aiming dot on the physical barcodes rather than the screen.

Just to be clear, DWDemo does not use the EMDK to capture data, it uses a predefined profile of DataWedge (DWDemo) however all of the DataWedge settings can be specified via EMDK which is why I am suggesting to first determine what that setting is. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’