Review of "printing from browser" methods

M Mattia Martinello 2 years 10 months ago
41 1 0

Hi.

I have to select a Zebra printer for a new project which will need to have a direct printing from browser feature (I am referring about a button on the web page which directly print a label to the Zebra printer without any additional intervention from the user).

The label will need to have some text (formatted with some font and size) and one picture.

I read the document Zebra Web Printing Solutions, and I understand that there are some ways to do so:

use Browser Print software (with a USB Zebra printer connected to a running PC)
print directly to a network connected Zebra printer using an HTTP POST call sending an XML file to the printer
print directly to a network connected Zebra printer using a GET HTTP call
use Cloud Connect feature (with a network connected Zebra printer)

I am wondering which is the best method for me, so I don't know if I'm missing some other available method.

I would prefer a network connected printer to avoid any connection to a workstation PC, so I am looking to the Zebra GX420 (with the optional network interface) or the Zebra ZD500 printers.

Could you help me please?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Mattia,

It may depend on your network and application deployment configuration. For the case you are going to have your printers installed in the same office/area as your app client browser it looks like most reasonable way for you would be to use Browser Print SDK.​

It will provide you some flexibility being compared to direct network communication to printer.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?