11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 7:26 AM by Travis Epperson

StageNow client is unable to decode profile data

Siegfried Moeckel

I use a TC8000 device with Android 5.1 (Lollipop) and MX 6.2 (patch 1).

I have created a "Manage Application" profile in StageNow to add the "Enterprise Home Screen" application.

I used the video lesson Zebra: MBS1016 StageNow Technical Enablement 3, Application Deployment - YouTube as template for my work, except for an already existing WLAN connection. This was previously established by another StageNow profile.

StageNow inclusive FTP-server is running on my developer system, so the TCP port 21 is open.

There is a LAN connection between the developer system and the FRITZ!BOX 3270 router, the TCP port 21 is open, too

There also is a WLAN connection between the TC8000 mobile scanner and the FRITZ!BOX 3270 router.

All devices are reachable with ping and scanable with nmap from the developer system.

If I scan the PDF417 code from the StageNow profile I always get the error dialog

Error #1

Setting Type

Batch

Original Error Message

Could not decode  profile data - Error while generating Provisioning XML

Please find attached the exported profile by the StageNow server. ("EnterpriseHomeScreen.xml")

Please find attached the log file written by the StageNow client. ("StageNowClient#2.log")

I have used a profile with MX 6.2 and 5.0, but failed in the same way.

1. What is the reason of this problem?
      2. What do I have to change?
      3. How can I get more technical information in case of problems from StageNow client or server to solve them in future?

Thanks,

Siegfried