Zebra.Printer.SDK nuget package dependencies

// Expert user has replied.
D Duarte Silva 2 years 11 months ago
17 2 0

Hi,

I'm beginning the process of replacing the LinkOS Xamarin SDK with the Zebra.Printer.SDK because the former will be superseded by the latter.

When trying to install the Zebra.Printer.SDK nuget package in a Xamarin Android projetct, I noticed that this package has alot of dependencies, especially when compared with the LinkOS Xamarin SDK package. Besides, some of those dependencies seem unnecessary (at least to me) in an Android project. For example:

MSBuild.Sdk.Extras (>= 1.6.46)
NuGet.Build.Tasks.Pack (>= 4.8.0)

Is there a reason for these dependencies being included in the Zebra.Printer.SDK?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

R Robin West

Hi, I will bring this comment to the product team.  The .NET SDK is quite large and I agree that maybe it should be more targeted to improve the size and dependancies.  The product team does have good reasons for including all it's dependancies, but they may not always be useful to you.  For instance, the  MSBuild.Sdk.Extras, I beleive is used to further refine runtime actions.  As this SDK works for multiple versions of Windows, Android and iOS, the SDK team may have wanted to streamline those interactions.
That being said, I can totally understand why people who are only writing applications using simple USB or TCP connections on a PC, may not want to have to load packages with advanced encryption capabilities or runtime management.
Robin West

A Aaron Coppock

We are seeing this issue as well, we actually went with the Zebra Printers because they had an SDK, we need to be able to add it to Xamarin projects however.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?