intergrate Zebra SDK / EMDK in Flutter app

hi,

anyone knows how to integrate Android EMDK / SDK or else in a FLUTTER mobile app ?(new dev language of Google )  ?

thanks

Hi,

You would need to write a flutter plugin package to integrate with the EMDK to achieve this.  I do not know of any other customer doing this and we do not have any current plans to work on this internally I'm afraid: https://flutter.dev/docs/development/packages-and-plugins/developing-packages

You may wish to consider using DataWedge with the Keyboard output plugin and capturing the data as keystrokes within a text field in your app.  Not as flexible as the plugin approach but quicker to get going.

Sorry that's probably not the answer your were looking for but it is interesting to see our developer community are starting to consider flutter - obviously if there is a critical mass then we would look to provide better support but so far this is the only question on the subject.

Thank you,

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

hi,

the wedge is for small apps with 1 field per form, no interest, we have quicker means to develop for that.

that is interesting is the link you gave me , but I need to have the code , as you do not deliver it because of your plugin in repo: EMDK Setup - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

I am interested in the scan functions only , can you provide me with the java APi code please (in private) ?

There is already some sdk for barcode scan in Flutter available depending on the cameras. You have also the time to start providing Flutter sdk, but do not wait that the cameras be as powerfull as your imagers because you may be out of the market as Kodak for the films.

thks in advance

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Thanks for the link to github, it has 8 stars and 6 forks so clearly there is some interest.  I will keep an eye on it.

Just to be clear, that repository is not affiliated with Zebra so I can neither recommend or advise against its use.

EMDK binaries are available from Package com.symbol.emdk - zebratechnologies  and the API is documented at APIs - Zebra Technologies Techdocs  but we do not make the java code available.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

I would like to start an app with Flutter. It's my first Android app coming from iOS development so everything is new to me. Did you move forward with flutter? If so, which path did you take? I glanced at the DataWedge, the GitHub solution and writing a plugin and they seemed reasonable of course I'm under pressure to get things working quickly and would love your advice if you got anything working. Thanks!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’