RFID Inventory With EPC

Im trying to do an inventory on the MC3300R with our application. I can start an stop the Inventory ass well as receive the TagRead Events. Although when i access the TagReadEvents i cannot access the memory banks of each tag to see the EPC value. I can only read the TID Value.When i debug the application the memory bank value is NULL.

Is there anyone who can help with this problem?

Jan Rychter
RFID Inventory With EPC

I have the same question. I implemented inventory reading, but received no EPC data. I recover data using `reader.Actions.getReadTags()` and then call `getTagID()` on each tag in the array.

What's doubly worrying is that quite often what I get using `getTagID()` does not look like a TID (where I would expect something like "E28011700000020F7B911A18"), but like EPC contents, which looks like this: "303645214861B28000000475" and represents valid EPC data.

I looked at the source code for the 123RFID_Mobile app and I'm even more confused, because they seem to implement two completely different methods for performing an inventory operation and the one that accesses a specific memory bank does not use the `reader.Actions.Inventory.perform()` interface at all!

Please — help would be much appreciated.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ian Hatton
RFID Inventory With EPC

We have created a simple tag read sample (SDKSample) which shows tag reading and display of the EPC tagid and is posted here . When you run the sample it should connect automatically to the RFID module . Press the Default button in the app and then press the trigger on the reader in order to read and display tags .

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jan Rychter
Very confusing

Thank you! But I'm looking at the code and I'm getting more and more confused.

Your SDKSample application seems to use .getTagID() to get the Tag ID and log it:

Log.d(TAG, "Tag ID " + myTags[index].getTagID());

but several lines down, the very same .getTagID() method is used to get the EPC contents?

final String epc = myTags[index].getTagID().toString();

The documentation for TagData.getTagID() says:

"Gets the Tag ID"

Does this mean that when you write "Tag ID" you do not mean TID, but something else?

And if so, is there a way to read both TID and EPC contents?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ian Hatton
Take a look at the Android

Take a look at the Android RFID SDK Developer Guide here ( https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/rfid/rfid-handhelds/rfd-85... ) as it has more info on how the  Zebra API's map to the EPC tag data sections.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’