How can I disable the Settings in EHS?

How can I disable the Settings in EHS?

Anonymous (not verified)
Hello Georg,I need a little

Hello Georg,

I need a little more information to help with this question.  By settings, which do you mean? 

Also, which Android version are you running?  Gingerbread 2.3.x  or Jellybean 4.1.x ?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Georg Rosel
Hello,I’ve an MC40 (JB) with

Hello,

I’ve an MC40 (JB) with EHS1.0 installed and I’d need to disable the possibility for the user to change any OS-Setting (like WLAN / BT ). For further Project it would be nice to have the option to allow/disallow all settings separate. So maybe on some Projects they need to configure BT but not WLAN, or want to be able to change some audio or display settings but nothing else.)

Is that possible?

George

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
EHS was designed  for

EHS was designed  for GingerBread to do that exact thing, block the user from all settings or applications, accept the apps you specify as the device administrator.

Unfortunately when we moved to JellyBean, a settings icon was present on the notification bar, allowing the user to get into settings. 

A new version of EHS that addresses this issue is in the works, but I do not have an ETA

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Georg Rosel
OK! Thanks for the answer!Do

OK! Thanks for the answer!

Do you know if it’s planned, that the administrator can also select, which settings can be viewed / edited by the user? (e.g.: View WLAN settings to find out the own IP, but not change anything for WLAN. But full access to configure BT settings to connect a headset)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Georg Rosel
Hello,I've no tried EHS1.1 on

Hello,

I've no tried EHS1.1 on my ET1 but I'm still able to access the settings!

George

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
From the User Guide included

From the User Guide included in the EHS 1.1 zip file. (https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=92627)

Add or modify the setting below to enable/disable the settings icon in the Notification Bar

<preferences>
   <disable_status_bar_settings_icon>1</disable_status_bar_settings_icon>
</preferences>

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hamish Cundy
HiI've installed EHS1.1 on a

Hi

I've installed EHS1.1 on a TC55, but having no luck in disabling the status bar settings or the status bar pulldown. I've added the appropriate settings, and I know EHS is reading the right config file from the other options I've changed. Any ideas?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jipson Mathew
Dear Team,Is it possible to

Dear Team,

Is it possible to disable Wireless info now on JB, on ESH2.0

Regards

Jipson

Vote: 
Vote up!