2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 4:33 PM by Jose Robles

how to make sqlce 3.5 work on Win compact 7?

Jose Robles

I make an application with Visual C# for the Mk3000 with Windows CE 5.0, the aplication use a small database on SQL CE 3.5 , that holds some data when the device lost conection with the local network. The issue is that my company is updating some Mk3000 to Mk3100 with Windows Embedded Compact 7, I modify my aplication to work with this OS, but the problem are the installation CAB files for the SQL CE : 

- sqlce.dev.ENU.wce5.armv4i.cab

- sqlce.wce5.armv4i.cab

- sqlce.repl.wce5.armv4i.cab

All of them are not installed correctly, it shows a window with the next message "The program is not compatible with the current operating system..."  message.

My question is: there is a way to make this cab files work, and  if not what is the option?, Im trying to find info about this issue on the msdn and stackoverflow, but I haven't find anything,

Thanks in advance.

• Re: how to make sqlce 3.5 work on Win compact 7?
            Jose Robles

Hi Daniel Silva, I have already check that solution, but it didn't work, a windows appears  with the next message: 'SQL CE Core was not properly installed" and a console windows: failed to add assembbly : "system.data.sqlserverce.dll" also when I run the application another windows appear:

Error

ExceptionCode: 0x00000005

exceptionaddress: 0x428ad440

reading"0x00008000

faulting module: sqlcese35.dll

offset:0x0005d440 at

NativeMethods.CreateDatabase(IntPtrpOpenInfo, IntPtr$ pError)

at SqlCeEngine.CreateDatabase()

Also I have another question,  Im not an .Net programmer I know a few things here and there, so I not sure about this, rigth now I have my develop enviroment only for the mk3000 with a visual studio 2008 and EMDK for .net  v2.8 , if I install the correct dependecies to develop on Windows Embedded Compact 7, will I still be able to develop applications fow win ce 6.0 or 5.0? I ask because a year ago I did this and have trouble to make some apps work with these Win CE versions I have to reinstall everything again.