how to get Android appl to run on Windows Mobile

// Expert user has replied.
G Gavin Odendaal 2 years 11 months ago
0 2 0

My Customer wants to develop on a Motorola MC75A Windows Mobile MC because of 2D READER, NFC, GPS, 3G AND CAMERA FEATURES but they only have experience with developing in Native Android. Can they still develop using native Android (i'm guessing its JAVA) and use Rhomobile to allow the appl to work on a WM device?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jon Tara

Rhodes lets you write in Ruby/HTML/CSS/Javascript and deploy to multiple targets.

Sounds like you are looking for something that will emulate the Android native Java libraries on other platforms. I know of no such beast.

Note that Android "native" Java is less flexible that one would hope. That's why Rhodes has to use the NDK (native development kit) with quite a bit of code written in C and C++.

Like Java's previous failed promise of "write once, run anywhere" (in the browser - who uses Java browser plugins any more.?) the supposed portability of Android "native" code leaves a lot to be desired. Like other places to run it.

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

RhoMobile is a crossplatform framework that allow you to build a mobile native application using Web skills: HTML, JavaScript and Ruby.

An Android native application is a different solution and the language difference (Java vs JavaScript) is the least of the problems.

You can have better luck working with an Android device similar to the MC75A like the MC67. You can find more information on how to write native Android application for this device on the Android section of Launchpad:
https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/community/android

~Pietro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?