Information is power. When workers can access robust data from barcode scanning, they gain powerful decision guidance—and the potential to deliver greater customer value.
Zebra’s Barcode Intelligence API enables you to build applications that access third-party databases for instant barcode data enrichment using a single API. Give workers new insights without the need to set up contracts with multiple database vendors or create multiple connections in one application.
No device is required to consume this API.
- Refer to Barcode Symbology Definitions for details on the barcode types allowed for use with the UPC Lookup API.
A Zebra Savanna application key is required for using and testing this API. See the Getting Started Guide.
Here are just a few examples of how Barcode Intelligence can streamline your workflow:
- A warehouse refuses to accept recalled products at receiving and ultimately avoids shipping them out.
- Before filling a prescription, a pharmacist scans the barcode on a bottle of pills to identify any active recalls.
- A worker can rapidly determine the product’s unit weight and calculate truck payload in a hectic warehouse.
- A developer can incorporate product photography via API to save time
- A delivery company can more easily maintain its fleet of vehicles.
Enable supply-chain, retail and healthcare workers to see if food and pharmaceutical items are listed in the FDA recall database—critical knowledge for protecting the public health.