EMDK for Android v4.0 is now available. Find installers for this and previous releases on the EMDK Downloads page.
Whats New in v4.0
- New Profile Manager Features
- Multipule MX version support - Profile manager now supports multiple MX versions. You can now choose between MX 4.2, 4.4 and 5.0 when creating a new profile.
- Profile Upgrade - Profile manager now provides a method to upgrade an existing profile to use a higher version of MX.
- Data Capture Activity Selection Wildcard - When using an Activity Selector in a Data Capture profile and wish to include all activities in an application package, you no longer have to manually enter each activity. You can now enter a single asterisk ( * ) and all activities in that package will be selected.
- New MX 4.4 features
- Additional Locale support for SPANISH, US_SPANISH, BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE and PORTUGUESE.
- Password Masking / Encryption for sensitive values in Certificate Manager and GPRS Manager.
- New MX 5.0 features
- PAC File – Allows the central control of proxy settings for KitKat devices
- Screen Capture Control – Enable / Disable ability to perform a screen capture
- Vendor Specific DHCP Options – Supports vendor specific options for granular configuration control
- New API's
- Mobile Payment - Provides API's to perform EMV and Magstripe Payment transactions when using the PD40 Payment device with MC40 JB, TC70 KK, TC75 KK and TC55 KK devices.
- Serial Communication - Allows you to add DEX support in your application.
- Support for ADT/Eclipse has been deprecated. Future versions of the EMDK for Android will only support Android Studio for development.
- Documentation and samples will no longer be installed locally when installing the EMDK. All documentation will now be available for viewing at http://zebra.github.io and samples can be downloaded at http://zebra.github.io/emdk-for-android/4-0/samples/